The Office Assistant will be the first point of contact at the agency. This position completes clerical duties including answering the phone, distributing mail, ordering supplies, copying and scanning, and updating paperwork & reports. This position will also help with the coordination of food delivery.
1. Front Desk Clerical Duties
2. Updates monthly menus and distributes to clients
3. Update volunteer clipboards daily
4. Nutrition paperwork assistance
5. Fill out volunteer logs
6. Occasionally helps with Senior Dining.
7. Occasionally drives a meals on wheels route
8. Assists with fundraising efforts
9. Updates daily financial spreadsheet
10. Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- All employees shall be responsible to learn and comply with all safety and health rules and regulations applicable to their work. It is their further responsibility to support Horizons in providing a safe place to work and to protect themselves, co-workers, and clients against injuries or illnesses.
- Understand HIPAA regulations and report potential infractions to Human Resources.
- Recognize and build on the cultural diversity of our clients and co-workers. Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences of staff and clients.
- Attend training as directed; attains agency and state training requirements.
- Actively, assertively, and thoughtfully participates in staff meetings on a regular basis, as scheduled by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent. One year experience in a related field.
- Must provide vehicle for own transportation.
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license. Must possess valid auto insurance.
- Must supply all needed records
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in abuse to children or adults.
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in criminal activity.