This person is responsible for delivering meals to assigned locations. This position also assists in the packing of meals for delivery. May also provide support and training to new Meals on Wheels drivers.
- Follow printed guidelines to deliver accurate, timely, and temperature-appropriate meals to clients.
- Follow program policies supporting daily safety checks to clients.
- Recognize and acts on opportunities to support kitchen staff.
- Provide safe and sanitary meal service through the use of good personal hygiene practices, clean and sound delivery equipment, and efficient provision of frozen meals and liquid supplements.
- Prioritize daily work load and adjust work assignments to assist the driver-team to complete their work efficiently.
- Actively participates in Department and Agency problem identification and resolution.
- Proactively supports the development and attainment of Department and Agency program goals.
- Pre and post inspections.
- Return vehicles in a clean way.
- Complete Job-related paperwork and statistics in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep Meals on Wheels supervisor informed of relevant issues.
- Represent the Department and Agency positively in all public and community contacts.
- Support efficient use and conservation of Agency resources (equipment, supplies, energy, and mileage).
- Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork oriented
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- All employees shall be responsible to learn and comply with all safety and health rules and regulations applicable to their work. It is their further responsibility to support Horizons in providing a safe place to work and to protect themselves, co-workers, and clients against injuries or illnesses.
- Understand HIPAA regulations and report potential infractions to Human Resources.
- Recognize and build on the cultural diversity of our clients and co-workers. Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences of staff and clients.
- Attend training as directed; attains agency, funders and state training requirements.
- Actively, assertively, and thoughtfully participates in staff meetings on a regular basis, as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Includes volunteers in department and job function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to read and write English and perform simple math skills. Good customer services skills. Able to pass MVR with good driving record. Good attendance is an essential function of the job.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess the ability to show positive consistent attitude in working with staff and clients, including holding the belief that people have the capacity to grow and change. Must be neat and clean in appearance. Must have concern for the elderly and disabled.
This position is a mandatory abuse reporter and must be re-certified as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Horizons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must provide vehicle for own transportation.
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Must possess valid auto insurance.
- Must supply all needed records
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in abuse to children or adults.
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in criminal activity.