This person is responsible for the preparation of breakfast bags, frozen meals, client-requested additional items, and liquid supplements to be delivered to clients. The position is responsible for ordering food items for these “non-hot” meals and supplements and for placing the items into stock when they arrive.
- Coordinating special request items from all Meals on Wheels clients for weekly delivery.
- Support office functions in answering the phone, using the Meals on Wheels database and other computer programs.
- Fills client orders as received by the Agency, for the Non-Hot Meal Program.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly lists of client’s dietary exceptions and personal preferences for frozen meals, breakfast bags, and liquid supplement meals.
- Places telephone calls to clients regarding active delivery status, food preferences, changes in meal allotments, and problems with service.
- Enter and take out the frozen and breakfast bag orders into and from the client’s grids.
- Takes inventory of and is responsible for ordering bread and milk.
- Help with the HACAP food reservoir when needed.
- Helps in the packaging of daily hot meals as needed.
- Proactively supports the development and attainment of Department and Agency program goals.
- Completes job-related paperwork and statistics accurately in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep Meals on Wheels Manager informed of relevant issues.
- Represent the Department and the Agency positively in all public and community contacts.
- Support efficient use and conservation of Agency resources (equipment, supplies, energy, and mileage).
- Drive Hot and/or Breakfast Bag routes as needed.
- Help coordinate Meals on Wheels operations as needed.
- Recognize, respect, and respond to the unique, culturally defined needs of persons and families.
- Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- All employees shall be responsible to learn and comply with all safety and health rules and regulations applicable to their work. It is their further responsibility to support Horizons in providing a safe place to work and to protect themselves, co-workers, and clients against injuries or illnesses.
- Understand HIPAA regulations and report potential infractions to Human Resources.
- Recognize and build on the cultural diversity of our clients and co-workers. Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences of staff and clients.
- Attend training as directed; attains agency, funders, and state training requirements.
- Actively, assertively, and thoughtfully participates in staff meetings on a regular basis, as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Includes volunteers in department and job function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read and write. Active community member open to participation in groups that would facilitate program and agency success. Must have one year of experience in a related field. Supervisory experience is helpful.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must possess the ability to maintain a positive consistent attitude in working with staff and clients, including holding the belief that people have the capacity to grow and change. Must be able to work well with diverse populations. Must have concern for the elderly and disabled. This position is a mandatory abuse reporter and must be re-certified every five years.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Horizons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must provide a vehicle for own transportation.
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Must possess valid auto insurance.
- Must supply all needed records
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in abuse to children or adults.
- Must be able to be certified as not having been involved in criminal activity.